what you need to know
Therapeutic shoe program
Use our simple referral process. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. If you are unable to find transportation or are homebound, call us and ask how we can help.
1205 Medical Plaza Ct.
Granbury, TX 76048
Once patient is qualified for shoes/inserts, PCP or Podiatrist will refer patient to provider (Sports and Wellness). Fax information to us at 555-555-5555.
A prescription, patient information and Certifying Statement will be obtained by the provider.
Provider will contact patient to schedule a convenient appointment time.
IT’S JUST THAT SIMPLE.
Medicare Part B: Therapeutic Shoe Coverage
About one in four individuals with diabetes develop foot problems as a result of the disease. Poor circulation and neuropathy ( nerve damage leading to a lack of sensation) can lead to serious foot problems such as ulcers and infection.
To help people care for their feet, Medicare Part B and Insurance offers coverage for therapeutic shoes & inserts for those who qualify.
What is the Medicare Part B and Insurance Diabetic Footwear benefit?
Insurance partially covers the approved cost of medically-necessary shoes or inserts. Patients may qualify for one of the following benefits:
1. One pair of depth-inlay shoes and three pairs of inserts every calendar year.
2. One pair of custom-molded shoes, including inserts, and two additional inserts for patients who cannot wear depth-inlay shoes due to a foot deformity.
3. Separate inserts or shoe modifications for some patients with milder foot problems
Medicare pays 80 percent of the approved cost for footwear and the full cost of fitting the shoes .. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent of the cost as well as any applicable deductible. Secondary insurance may assist with copayment or deductible.
How to qualify for therapeutic footwear coverage?
To qualify for the therapeutic footwear benefit, patients must meet three conditions:
1. Has diabetes.
2. Has one or more of the following conditions in one or both feet:
• History of partial or
• History of partial orcomplete foot amputation
• History of previous foot ulceration
• History of pre-ulcerative callus
• Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation
• Poor circulation
• Foot deformity
3. Patient has been treated by an M.D. or D.O. under a comprehensive diabetes care plan in the last 6 months and needs therapeutic shoes and/or inserts because of diabetes.
What Do I Do Next?
Call Us Today For Program Assistance.
A doctor must fill out a statement certifying medical necessity verifying the patient meets the above criteria and write a prescription specifying the type of footwear the patient needs.
Contact your Primary Care Physician or Podiatrist for discussion of your qualification for Therapeutic Shoes and Inserts.
diabetic shoes and orthotics
Reach Out to Us
Specialists available now!
We accept most insurance, and we have specialists on hand ready to ensure all of your needs are met. Whether it's Diabetic Shoes, Custom Orthotics, or Treatment, we'll help keep you and your feet healthy.